Please see letter below from Duane Farrell, Chair of TRP, in relation to Belfast Pride.
I also would like to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate all our staff and volunteers for what has been the best Belfast Pride I have ever had the pleasure to be involved in. A particular thank you to all those volunteers who gave up their time during the week to help us prepare for Belfast Pride as well as the over 30 volunteers who helped out before, during and after the parade.
A lot of people have commented on how excellent our float was, how strong our presence was (both in the parade and in the square) and how professionally everyone represented the organisation. Some headline figures for you all:
- More than 3,000 safer sex packs were made during Thursday and Friday;
- More than 5,000 packs were distributed during Belfast Pride;
- We attending 19 events supporting other LGBT groups;
- 3 events were held by The Rainbow Project during Pride week including a Rapid HIV and Syphilis testing clinic, a film night for the Family Ties group and a performance of Galatea at The Mac;
- 19 people accessed rapid HIV and Syphilis testing;
- Almost £600 was raised through selling badges and t-shirts;
- Almost all the placards that were distributed were returned; and
- Countless positive interactions were held with individuals about The Rainbow Project.
I cannot thank you all enough for the dedication you have shown to The Rainbow Project over the last few weeks and beyond. I hope you will be able to join us for Foyle and Newry Pride.
From Duane Farrell, Chair of Board of Trustees:
I really just wanted to drop a quick mail to all of those TRP volunteers who gave time and energy into helping The Rainbow Project make Belfast Pride 2012 one of the organisation’s most successful to date. You can see from John’s mail the breadth of coverage that the organisation’s activity had over pride week – a really strong achievement that staff and volunteers worked hard to deliver for members of our community. I was very proud to be associated with The Rainbow Project over Pride – thanks to those volunteers and staff team who put in a huge amount of hours to make it happen.
I hope that you enjoyed your involvement with TRP and Pride – and look forward to doing it all again for Foyle Pride!
To view The Rainbow Projects Picture Gallery of Pride 2012 click here