Posted by TRP
on Mar 5, 2015 in News
| 0 comments
Interested in gaining more awareness of LGB&/T issues?
- Did you know that between 6-10% of the population are lesbian, gay or bisexual? (UK Treasury Estimates).
- Did you know that people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans# experience considerable sexual, physical and mental health inequalities?
- Did you know that The Rainbow Project has 2 Full-time BACP counsellors with extensive experience working with LGB&/T clients?
The Rainbow Project is Northern Ireland’s largest LGB&/T Sector organisation and has been commissioned to deliver a number of LGB&/T specific training events funded through PHA and Protect Life. Places are FREE toparticipants.
The topics covered in the training will include:
- Understanding same-sex attraction and use of appropriate terminology
- Understanding gender identity and expression and use of appropriate terminology
- Key health inequalities experienced by people who are same-sex attracted
- Forms of homophobia, heterosexism and internalised homophobia
- Barriers to accessing mainstream statutory service provision
- Legislative and social policy context
- Common issues when counselling LGB&/T clients
- Tips for improvement of practice
To express your interest for this training please go to www.rainbow-project.org/training
Post a comment:
Please note that you must be signed into Facebook
to make a comment. All comments are made public and will appear on this site and your facebook profile!