Did you know:
LGBT people in NI are three times as likely as the general population to use illegal substances
LGBT people are approximately twice as likely as the Northern Ireland population to drink daily or most days
Drugs and alcohol contributed to 30% of LGB&T people thinking about suicide (suicidal ideation) and 13% attempting suicide.
Drugs and alcohol have contributed to 44% of LGB&T people having unprotected sex
1. NO ALCOHOL, TO BE CONSUMED THE MONTH OF OCTOBER (NON-ALCOHOL BEERS AND CIDERS ARE PERMITTED).
2. IF THERE IS AN EVENT YOU SIMPLY CANNOT MISS, THEN GET A FRIEND TO DONATE £10 TO GET A FREE PASS, YOU CAN PAY THIS YOURSELF TOO.
3. BE THE ‘DRY’VER – GET YOUR MATES TO PAY YOU TO BE THE DESIGNATED TAXI FOR THEM, DONATE THE PAYMENTS (AFTER PETROL OF COURSE) TO THE RAINBOW PROJECT.
4. GET AS MANY FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO SIGN UP OR SPONSOR YOUR #OCTSober.
5. IF YOU DON’T DRINK, GIVE SOMETHING ELSE UP FOR ALL OCTOBER, SMOKING, BREAD, CHOCOLATE OR ANY OTHER VICES 🙂