The Rainbow Project works closely with other providers to provide full sexual health screening in Satellite Clinics for MSM (Men who have sex with men) and Trans People. These clinics are staffed by the Sexual Health Development Officer, Leo Lardie, and clinical staff from the provider in question.
(If you are unsure if this service is right for you, please call us and we can discuss it with you in a confidential manner).
All tests are undertaken by a trained GUM Consultant, Doctor or Nurse. Confidentiality at these clinics is important. Should you decide to test at these or any other GUM clinic the fact that you attended and/or were diagnosed with an infection will never be recorded on your general medical records. Your confidentiality in accessing a GUM or Sexual Health service is protected under the Venereal Diseases Act of 1926.
At these clinics you will:
- Have a full sexual history taken
- Have a chance to ask any questions related to sexual health with a trained professional
- Have your Hepatitis A and B Vaccinations if you have not already had them or a booster should you need one
- Have a full blood sample taken intravenously from the crux of the arm
- Give a urine sample (you are asked not to urinate for at least 2 hours previous to testing)
- Have an oral swab taken (if you have indicated having oral sex)
- Give a self rectal swab sample (you will go to the toilet to do this if you have indicated being the receptive partner of anal sex)
- A full sexual health screen which covers:
- Chlamydia (including LGV)
- Hepatitis A/B/C
All clinics (except Ballymena) are drop-in and are on a first come, first served basis. But if you’re travelling from outside of the clinic location (i.e. Belfast or Foyle) you can reserve a slot by calling (028 90 319 030) texting (079 04 864 861) or e-mailing (email@example.com) The Ballymena clinic is by appointment only and you must call (078 25 372 014) to book! Do not hesitate to contact our sexual health development Leo Lardie with any questions or concerns.
Due to ongoing concerns with Covid19, we’ve cancelled all of our March clinics in Belfast, Ballymena & Foyle.
We would recommend that those who’re concerned about their STI status and require testing to please visit www.sh24.org.uk Via SH24 you will get a free testing kit sent via discreet post to any address in Northern Ireland. You can collect your own samples and use the free-post parcel provided to return your samples for testing. You will be notified of your results via text and/or e-mail.
When we have more information on when our outreach satellite clinics can continue as normal, we will update this page! Remember you can still access rapid HIV & syphilis testing at The Rainbow Project if you are at risk or in distress. You can call us (028 90 319 030) text us (079 04 864 861) e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) send us a direct message on social media or book online via: