Support The Rainbow Project
HOW YOUR DONATION HELPS US
- LGBTQIA+ people are more likely to experience mental health issues such as depression, self-harm and suicidal ideation – with your support we can continue to provide counselling, befriending and support groups to hundreds of LGBTQIA+ people across Northern Ireland.
- Gay and bisexual men are an at risk group when it comes to sexual health – with your support we can continue to educate, provide free confidential testing and safer sex packs and campaign for better sexual health services.
- One in five LGBTQIA+ people have been a victim of a hate crime in the last three years – with your support we can continue to support victims of homophobic and transphobic hate crimes and campaign for a society that values LGBTQIA+ people and celebrates diversity.
- Schools in Northern Ireland are not required to provide sexual health information specific to LGBTQIA+ people; with your support we can continue to provide sex positive and evidence based sexual health and relationship education to LGBTQIA+ young people across Northern Ireland to help them make informed decisions about the sex they may choose to have.
- More and more LGBTQIA+ people are choosing to have children through adoption, fertility treatment and other options – with your support we can help rainbow families to meet other families just like theirs.
- With your support we can continue to fight for equality for all in Northern Ireland