Migrant and Ethnic Minorities Health and Wellbeing Officer
We are recruiting for a part time Migrant and Ethnic Minorities Health And Wellbeing Development Officer (15 Hours) which will be based in our Belfast office.
The Health and wellbeing officer will increase our capacity to support migrant and ethnic minority individuals within the LGBTQIA+ community and engage with them in development, support services, and lead on intersectional and ally work.
The key aims of the Health and Wellbeing Officer will be:
- Provide direct one-to-one support to LGBTQIA+ migrant and ethnic minority individuals in Northern Ireland;
- Facilitating weekly drop-in sessions where clients can engage with support, seek advice and participate in various events such as cultural activities, training or social meet-ups;
- Signpost appropriate clients to other TRP services including counselling, support groups, hate crime and housing advocacy;
- Help to build better opportunities for engagement for migrant and ethnic minority service users. This means working to make sure that service users are supported, involved and engaged in events and the development of services;
- Engage with migrant and ethnic minority support organisations to increase awareness of The Rainbow Project and its services;
- Campaigning and lobbying for impactful change for the migrant and ethnic minority community;
- The officer will work with the Policy and Advocacy team to report any instances of xenophobia, racism or anti-LGBTQIA+ hate crime to the PSNI.
How to apply for this role
The closing date for the applications is Friday 16th September 2022 at 4 pm.
The Rainbow Project at all times seeks to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. For this role, we would, particularly welcome applications from migrant and ethnic minorities backgrounds. All appointments are based on merit.
Please contact Aisling Playford, Policy and Advocacy Manager on 02890 319030 or email@example.com for any further information or for an application pack via email.