Work With Us
We are recruiting for a Finance Administrator, based in our Belfast office
Overall Objectives of the Post
To provide overarching Finance and Administrative support to the organisation. The Finance Administrator will be responsible for ensuring that all financial operations are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Ensuring that bank transactions are allocated correctly and on time. They will work in conjunction with their colleagues across the organisation to ensure the successful completion of all month end tasks.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above to include Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Three year’s full-time experience as a paid member of staff as a Finance Administrator or similar
- Experience of working on own initiative with limited ongoing supervision.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Excel and Word.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to equality and social inclusion;
- Commitment to confidentiality;
- Excellent numeracy skills and an eye for detail;
- Drive and Enthusiasm for both the job role and the organisation.
Desirable Experience and Competencies
- Understanding of issues affecting members of the LGBTQIA+ community including but not limited to homophobia, transphobia and heterosexism;
- Experience of working in the LGBTQIA+ Sector as a volunteer or paid member of staff.
The normal working hours are 35 per week, with the core office hours of: 10:00 – 16:00, Monday to Friday. This includes a half-hour lunch break (unpaid). Employees, may, however, work flexible hours of a minimum of 21 hours and a maximum of 48, subject to the guidelines within the Work/Life Balance Policy contained within the Employee Handbook.
The Rainbow Project regards all posts within the organisation to carry a degree of flexibility in their execution of duties in order to assist the development of the organisation.
All responsibilities associated with contracted personnel will be carried out in line with the aims and objectives of the organisation and policies set out by the Board of Trustees.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and amended in the future to include any other reasonable duties, projects or tasks as may be requested from time to time and to reflect changing organisational requirements, changing staffing levels, as requested by the Line Manager.
Employees will be expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours, as evening and weekend work may be necessary.
For full information and to apply, please download and completed the application form below:
Closing Date is Thursday 4th November, 2021 at Noon (12:00)
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org no agencies please.
Interested in volunteering? Click Here
Want to Fundraise for us to support our work? Click Here