Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Awareness
For this training we can visit you at your place of work or you can potentially use our premises at the Belfast LGBTQIA+ Centre (23-31 Waring Street) or the Foyle LGBTQIA+ Centre (20 Strand Road).
We offer a two hour introductory session along side longer and more tailored approaches covering the following:
- An understanding of the key inequalities that still exist for LGBTQIA+ people and what barriers there are for LGBTQIA+ people attempting to accessing support or services.
- Clarity on appropriate language and terminology
- An awareness of the provision of support services available in Northern Ireland for LGBTQIA+ people and their families
- A better understanding of the legislative framework related to LGBTQIA+ equality
- An understanding of practical improvements of practice
- More confidence in supporting LGBTQIA+ people
- An awareness of the specific issues related to gender identity and gender dysphoria, including specific training on Bi Awareness, Non-Binary Awareness and Sex Worker Awareness Training
Please get in contact with us to discuss your training goals. Where we will be able to provide you with a quote to meet your needs and requirements. On occasion we are able to offer funded training, this is usually on a first come first served basis, however we do try to reserve this funded training for charity and voluntary sector organisations.
For more information on training or to book training for your organisation or business please contact us by phone (028 90 319 030) e-mail (email@example.com) or direct message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.